Clients often ask me if I can recommend a good book on marriage and there are many. The following are a few of my favorites. I am especially partial to Sue Johnson’s books. Click the links to read the Amazon summary and find other books by the same authors:
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country’s Foremost Relationship Expert
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love By Sue Johnson
- Created for Connection: The “Hold Me Tight” Guide for Christian Couples by Sue Johnson
- The Mediterranean Love Plan: 7 Secrets to Lifelong Passion in Marriage by Stephen and Misty Arterburn
- The Divorce Remedy: The Proven 7-Step Program for Saving Your Marriage by Michelle Weiner Davis
I am a North Carolina Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor with 20 years experience in the field and many more years of life experience. I entered the counseling profession in mid-life after putting in time as a stay-at-home mom, a freelance writer, a journalist, and a United States-based missionary. I love walking alongside those who are seeking to find themselves, heal a relationship, or recover from trauma. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, writing, and hanging out with my grandsons.